Minimally Invasive With No Incisions or Stitches
APTOS was founded in Georgia over 30 years ago and has always been on the cutting edge of aesthetics. Today, thread lifting is widely recognized as one of the world’s most innovative anti-ageing treatments.
Typically done under local anaesthetic, APTOS Thread Lifting is a minimally invasive procedure that provides a skin lifting and tightening effect. It improves the contour of the face and body and has become an increasingly popular alternative to surgical face-lifts.
Commonly treated areas include:
- Contours of the face
- Cheeks and mid-face area
- Sub-mental area (below the chin)
Performed under strict and sterile conditions, needles with surgical threads are inserted under the skin in the direction advised by the practitioner. Threads are selected for each individual case, giving you the most effective and natural lift. The APTOSmethod takes approximately 20 minutes.
The advantages of the thread lift:
- Minimally invasive: no incisions or stitches
- Only requires local anaesthetic
- Reduced treatment time of 20 minutes
- Minimal post treatment downtime
- Little to no side effects
- The procedure is low risk
- Overall improvement of skin quality
- Results are immediately visible
- Dual action: lifting and rejuvenation
- Long term effect (1-5 years depending on the thread composition)
- Safe to use with other aesthetic procedures (such as fillers)
- The individual patient assessment ensures the selection of the best thread and method to produce the desired effect
Results can be seen immediately and continue to improve over time. Visible results include lifting, tightening and general skin rejuvenation. With little downtime, you can resume regular activity post procedure with minimal discomfort.
As the treatment is minimally-invasive, few side effects can be expected. You may experience temporary bruising, swelling and asymmetry – these will subside within 1-2 weeks.
Am I a candidate for APTOS threads? Yes, if you have any of the following;
- Loss of tissue volume
- Mild to moderate signs of sagging
- Development of fine lines and wrinkles
- Thinning of the lips
- Prominence of the jaw
- Slight bags under the eyes or on the neck
- Facial asymmetry
- Skin dehydration
Price range – R12000 to R20000
*The exact price per treatment would depend upon the thread variant required as well as the area being treated/individual concern.
Application of APTOS threads must be performed by a doctor who has undergone specific training. Dr. Moodley is a certified APTOS trained doctor.
chat to us
Take the next step to transforming your skin